Open vision bar
New Student


                                                                                   New Student Information

 If you would like to enroll your child in Barren County High School, please contact the guidance office at 651-7560 or you may stop by the high school to pick up an enrollment packet.

Next, the school district in which you and child reside must be determined. You may contact the bus garage at 678-7335 to verify the district of residence. At this time, you should obtain the bus driver’s name and phone number so that you may call the driver to get the bus number and pick up times.

If you and your child reside outside the Barren County School district, a non resident contract must be completed and approved by the school principal to determine if your child meets the criteria for a non resident contract. Once this has taken place, we will continue with the enrollment process.

You must present the following documents to continue the enrollment process: birth certificate, immunization certificate, social security card, physical. If you do not have a copy of the original birth certificate, you can give the school $10.00 and complete an application for another birth certificate. A copy of the new certificate will be kept at the school. The original will be sent to you.  The certificate of immunization record and physical examination form on a Kentucky form are requirements in order for your child to enroll and attend.  These are required by state law.  Not having these documents will prevent your child from being able to immediately enroll.

Only a custodial parent or guardian may enroll a student.  Step-parents are not allowed to enroll students.

After your child is enrolled, we will provide you with a District discipline code handbook, school handbook and a staff member will provide you with a tour.