During core instruction, students will be using the Saxon Math curriculum. Students may/may not have homework each day. Students are given time in class to work with guided and direct instruction. If they do not finish, it will be homework for that day. In my resource room, students will be using Multi-Sensory Strategies to teach them number sense and foundational math skills such as counting, number identification, sequencing, one-to-one correspondence, and various math calculations and reasoning skills.
In Saxon Math, students will:
- Have daily lesson structure with continual practice and assessment
- Build foundational concepts and critical thinking skills
- Learn Real World Problem Solving and Applications
- Learn how to communicate mathematically
- Practice math skills using hands-on activities and manipulatives.