Information Needed to Complete FAFSA
What you need
- Your and your parents' income tax returns for the year before you plan to go to college. For the 2011-2012 school year, you will need information from 2010.
- Your Social Security card and driver's license.
- Your and your parents' W-2 forms.
- Records of other untaxed income such as veteran's benefits.
- Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds or other investments.
- Business or farm records, if applicable.
- Your alien registration card if you are not a U.S. citizen.
- A blank disk, CD or jump drive if you are applying using FAFSA on the Web. You will need it to save your data.