The Elementary School Guidance Counselor
- Counsels individually with children
- Teaches weekly guidance lessons in classrooms
- Conducts small group counseling sessions
- Processes referrals for the testng of special needs children
- Consults with parents in private conference about their child
- Consults with teachers
- Conducts parenting workshops
- Participates in curriculum development
- Provides information on community resources
My name is Sherry Waldrop and it is my pleasure to serve at North Jackson Elementary as Guidance Counselor. I am beginning my ninth year as Guidance Counselor in the Barren County school system, and I am very excited about the upcoming school year!
I have a few reminders which will be helpful as you plan for your child's enrollment. I will need a copy of their birth certificate, social security card, current immunization certificate, physical and eye exam (if this is your child's initial entry). I have provided a link which you can use if you need to obtain a birth certificate. If you child is currently enrolled in a public school, I will request the school for their records.
Order your Kentucky birth certificate here.
Our first Ambassadors of the 2013-14 school year will be selected in September. Please check monthly...your child may be an Ambassador of the Month!
|NJE Ambassadors of the Month November
|1st Grade-Mrs. Barrick
|1st Grade-Mrs. McClellan
|1st Grade-Mrs. Sparks
|1st Grade-Mrs. Maples
|2nd Grade-Mrs. Bush
|2nd Grade-Mrs. Bunch
|2nd Grade-Mrs. Clemmons
|2nd grade - Mrs. Sponhouse
|3rd Grade-Mrs. Kinsman
|3rd Grade-Mrs. Strode
|3rd Grade-Mrs. Taylor
|4th Grade-Mrs. Edwards
|4th Grade-Mrs. Matthews
|4th Grade - Mrs. Robin McMurtrey
|5th Grade-Mrs. Pniewski
|5th Grade- Mr. Weaver
|6th Grade-Mrs. Weygandt
|6th Grade-Mrs. Sharp