The following information is pertinent to the recent posting for the Instructor – BAVEL Program positions.
What is BAVEL?
The Barren Academy of Virtual and Expanded Learning (BAVEL) was established in 2004 by innovative minds who envisioned giving parents and their children another option in seeking a high school diploma. BAVEL serves a diverse population of students - grades 6 through 12 - from public, private and home schools. BAVEL's current offerings include courses in the subjects of English/Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, Business Electives, and others. BAVEL students have been identified as everything from gifted and talented to students at-risk. However, BAVEL doesn’t focus on the labels; it focuses on the students to provide a meaningful and challenging learning environment for all BAVEL students outside the walls of a traditional public school.
Highlights: Instructor – BAVEL Program
- part-time employment on a year to year basis
- pay scale*: Regular Course $110/student – AP Course $135/student
- mainly high school certified instructors, and possibly middle school to be added
- primary course content provider is Florida Virtual School (FLVS) – instructors will not have to develop content
- hiring could occur throughout the school year, as needed
- registrations occur on a rolling enrollment – students may be added to a course at anytime
- online/digital teaching experience preferred
Be sure to visit the BAVEL website – www.bavel.org- for updated information regarding these positions. Please click HERE to access the full job description.
For more information
Please email inquiries to email@example.com. Note – email inquiries do not replace the online application process.
*retirement and taxes will be withheld (amount to be determined)