Please open and read the PowerPoints or links that are attached to each topic block.
After viewing the PowerPoint or linked resource you will need to open the Staff Policies Agreement at the end of the section and complete all .
ONCE YOU HAVE READ ALL INFORMATION AND VIEWED SUPPORTING INFORMATION YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SIGN A VERIFICATION FORM STATING THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE DISTRICT POLICIES TRAINING FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR. See your administrator for sign off sheet.
There are 3 sections of the trainings:
SECTION 1 - REQUIRED FOR ALL BARREN COUNTY SCHOOLS EMPLOYEES
Read the information provided in each part of this section and complete the digital acceptance form at the end of the section.
NOTE - Completion of the acceptance form is your acknowledgement of all sections in this training. (See your Administrator for your form)
1. CONFIDENTIALITY -
- Read the District Policy of Confidentiality of Records - (Contacts: Cortni Crews, Cynthia York, Anthony Frazier)
2. DATA PRIVACY & SECURITY (KRS 61.931, et seq. (HB 5) - (Contact: Scott Harper/Steve Gumm)
3. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS – (Contacts – Anthony Frazier/ Maintenance Staff/Local Fire Dept)
- Building supervisors must train staff on location and use of fire extinguishers Make sure all custodial workers, at least one administrator and one teacher know how to turn off gas lines, water lines, and electricity at all main switches and valves. Chemicals must be under lock and key.
- Watch This YouTube Video - CLICK HERE
4. HARASSMENT/DISCRIMINATION - (Contacts – Anthony Frazier, Cynthia York, Cortni Crews)
- Resource PowerPoint - Please Open and Read - CLICK HERE
- District Policies Handbook - CLICK HERE - Note Section Certified Employees (03.162), Classified Employees (03.262)
5. DRUG/ALCOHOL POLICY - (Contact – Anthony Frazier)
- Open and Read the District Policy for Drug/Alcohol - CLICK HERE
- Barren County Drug & Alcohol Policy Statement - CLICK HERE
6. TECHNOLOGY ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (AUP) - (Contact Steve Gumm)
- If you are a new employee to the Barren County School District and have not filled out a hard copy of the Acceptable Use Policy you will need to click here to download the file and return to the BCHS Tech Office. - CLICK HERE
AND then complete the electronic AUP below.
- Electronic AUP - All Staff - click this link for online AUP (This link is for all staff members that have a hard copy on file in the tech office from original employment information. This link is for returning staff only). - CLICK HERE
7. HEALTH POLICIES/BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS TRAINING – (Contact Rita Powell, RN)
8. COPYRIGHT NOTICE – (Contact: Scott Harper or Local Media Specialist)
Please open each link and review the information within. Copyright is a very serious issue in our industry and several times each year we are faced with violations of copyright materials. It is very important that all employees understand these rules.
9. CHILD ABUSE - (Contact – Anthony Frazier)
- Child Abuse and Neglect: Prevention, Recognition, and Reporting
- Watch the video (imbedded in the survey below) and answer the quiz as proof of completion for this topic.
- View the Power Point - CLICK HERE
- Child Abuse Reporting - (Contact: Anthony Frazier)
- Click the link to go to the reporting site. Kentucky Child/Adult Protective Services Reporting System. CLICK HERE
- Click the link to review the child abuse reporting law - CLICK HERE
10. WELLNESS -
- Review Revised District Wellness Policy - (Contacts: CheyAnne Fant/Cynthia York)
11. NEW REGULATIONS & POLICY TRAINING 2017 (any new regulation or Board Policy Trainings)
The following trainings are presented this year due to changes in state rebulation/laws and the barren Co. Board policy. Please review the following three items and submit the appropriate acknowledgement afterwards. Contact names for further information are included.
- Domestic/Dating Violence Reporting and Education - Upon the request of a victim, school personnel shall report an act of domestic violence and abuse or dating violence an abuse to a law enforcement officer. School personnel shall discuss the report with the victim prior to contacting a law enforcement officer.
- US Department of Health and Human Services - Any person who knows or has reasonable cause to believe that a child is dependent, neglected, or abused, or is a victim of human trafficking shall immediately cause an oral or written report to be made to a local law enforcement agency or the Department of Kentucky State Police: the cabinet or its designated representative; the Commonwealth’s Attorney or the County Attorney; by telephone or otherwise. Any supervisor who receives from an employee a report of suspected dependency, neglect, or abuse shall promptly make a report to the proper authorities for investigation.
Human Trafficking hotline: 1-888-373-7888
Child Abuse hotline: 1-800-422-4453 (1-800-4-A-CHILD)
SECTION 2 - SCHOOLS & DEPARTMENTS COVER THESE TOPICS IN FACE TO FACE TRAININGS AT THE BEGINNING OF SCHOOL
1. EVALUATION POLICY & TRAINING (3.18, 3.28) – (Contact: Cortni Crews)
- Evaluation forms can be located on the District's Forms & Document web page - CLICK HERE
2. PBIS Training/Use of Physical Restraint (to Address 704 KAR 7:160) – (Contacts: Anthony Frazier/Cynthia York)
3. SCHOOL SPECIFIC EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND PLANNING – (Contacts: Cortni Crews/Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
4. Barren County Schools Employee Handbook & Student Discipline Code - (Contacts: Cortni Crews/Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
- Open and view the documents posted on this page on left of screen
- NOTE** You MUST sign the Handbook Signature Document for verification.. CLICK HERE
5. Harassment / Discrimination - (Contact: Anthony Frazier/Building Principals)
- This training presentation will be conducted by your building administrators.
SECTION 3 - THESE TRAININGS ARE FOR TARGETED GROUPS WITHIN SCHOOL & DISTRICT.
Instructions are given by supervisors about when & how these trainings will be conducted.
1. SUICIDE PREVENTION TRAINING (Grades 7-12) (Contact: Anthony Frazier)
***The following training will be provided at a later date. Documentation for those who attend will be on file at the school. If you are completing a make up training - please work with your building principal for the documentation needed.
Complete the following training components which include the attached video of the in-person training & the resource materials (Power Point & outside video sources) that were used as a part of the training. Please watch the video in the first link to view the entire training.
- Suicide Prevention Training video - CLICK HERE
- Suicide Prevention Training PowerPoint Presentation - CLICK HERE
- Suicide Prevention Supplemental Videos - CLICK HERE
- More Than SAD website and additional videos - CLICK HERE
- More Than SAD-Preventing Teen Suicide - CLICK HERE
2. ADMINISTRATION CODE FOR KY's ASSESSMENT PROGRAMS - (Contact: Scott Harper)
***The following training will be conducted in person by the building assessment coordinator. The link takes you to the KDE training resources and the Administration Code Document. CLICK HERE
3. MEDICINE DELEGATION TRAINING (if required)
(Contact: Nurse Rita Powell/Health Dept Nurses)