School Closing Procedure for Inclement Weather
Many people have asked how we make the decision to cancel school for inclement weather. Below is a check list of procedures that are used for this process.
- Contact spotter team of 9 district employees
- Evaluate district roads (can you drive a bus safely in these conditions?)
- Contact neighboring Transportation Directors
- Contact County Road Department Supervisor about problem areas in the county.
- Contact Superintendent about road conditions and surrounding counties conditions.
- Contact all neighboring Superintendents
- Contact Local Sherriff
- Consult with Director on all information obtained
- We make every attempt to have a final decision made by 5:00 or 5:30
The Superintendent will send out closing information through social media (Facebook & Twitter), District Website, Radio and Television stations.
See also the Frequently Asked Questions about School Cancellations - here