Barren County Schools Bus Routes
Click on name of school for routes details
School Closing Procedure for Inclement Weather
Many people have asked how we make the decision to cancel school for inclement weather. Below is a check list of procedures that are used for this process.
- Contact spotter team of 9 district employees
- Evaluate district roads (can you drive a bus safely in these conditions?)
- Contact neighboring Transportation Directors
- Contact County Road Department Supervisor about problem areas in the county.
- Contact Superintendent about road conditions and surrounding counties conditions.
- Contact all neighboring Superintendents
- Contact Local Sherriff
- Consult with Director on all information obtained
- We make every attempt to have a final decision made by 5:00 or 5:30
The Superintendent will send out closing information through social media (Facebook & Twitter), District Website, Radio and Television stations.
See also the Frequently Asked Questions about School Cancellations - here
Bus Safety Video made by Eastern Magnet Club/STLP students.