The Elementary School Guidance Counselor
My name is Sherry Waldrop and it is my pleasure to serve at North Jackson Elementary as Guidance Counselor. I am beginning my 13th year as Guidance Counselor in the Barren County school system, and I am very excited about the upcoming school year.
The elementary School Guidance Counselor:
- Counsels individually with children
- Teaches weekly guidance lessons in classrooms
- Conducts small group counseling sessions
- Processes referrals for the testng of special needs children
- Consults with parents in private conference about their child
- Consults with teachers
- Conducts parenting workshops
- Participates in curriculum development
- Provides information on community resources
I have a few reminders which will be helpful as you plan for your child's enrollment. I will need a copy of their birth certificate, social security card (optional), current immunization certificate, physical and eye exam (if this is your child's initial entry). I have provided a link which you can use if you need to obtain a birth certificate. If you child is currently enrolled in a public school, I will request the school for their records.
Order your Kentucky birth certificate here.