MINIMUM GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
(Beginning with Class of 2012)
- English (4 credits) English I, II, III, IV
- Math (3 credits) Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II
- Must take math all four years of high school.
- Science (3 credits) Credits must include lab based scientific investigation experience and include the content strands of biological science, physical science, earth and space science and unifying concepts.
- Social Studies (3 credits) Credits must incorporate U.S. History, Economics, Government and Civics, Geography, and Cultures and Societies
- History & Appreciation of Visual & Performing Arts (1 credit) History and appreciation of visual and performing arts or a performing arts course (content strands to include arts, dance, music, theatre, and visual arts
- Health (1/2 credit)
- Physical Education (1/2 credit)
- Electives (7 credits)
Total = 22 credits
Students planning to pursue post-secondary education must complete 2 credits in the same foreign language.
- At least 3 credits per year must be successfully completed with BAVEL or Florida Virtual Schools.
- Existing credits granted from a non-public high school must be pre-approved by the BAVEL Curriculum and Learning Committee. Student may be required to complete placement exam.
- An Individual Learning Plan (ILP) must be filed and successfully maintained each year for Kentucky resident students. A student may not register for classes in the coming school year, or apply for graduation if a senior, until the ILP is brought current.
- Diploma seeking Kentucky resident students must sit for applicable state testing each year.
- Students may petition for due consideration in lieu of these requirements. Such petitions will be considered by the BAVEL Curriculum and Learning Committee. All committee decisions are final.